ARTFLY presents an opportunity to paint an interior wall mural at Racy D’Lenes Coffee Lounge, located at 404 Riverside Ave, Eau Claire, WI. Racy’s has long been a gathering place for many in the community, and is working with ARTFLY to engage that community through art. We are now accepting artist submissions for a design that represents how you feel “Connected in Our Community.” Selected artist will receive a $300 stipend and basic paint and supplies will be provided. Deadline to submit: April 30, 2021
Mural Artist Submission Form
Name of adult (if under 18 years of age):
Phone Number: ________________________________________________________________
Submit the following by April 30, 2021 via email to email@example.com or in person at Racy D’Lenes Coffee Lounge at 404 Riverside Ave, Eau Claire, WI 54703:
- Completed artist submission form (page 1)
- Up to 3 colored sketches or mock ups of original mural design
- 3 examples of previous original work (in any media)
- Artist statement: Tell us how your design interprets the theme “Connected in Our Community”
Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions. Connect with ARTFLY on social media at @artflygallery or online at artflygallery.com.
We can’t wait to see your work!
ARTFLY is an on-going curatorial project in Eau Claire, WI, that creates opportunities for local artists and connects them with others in the Chippewa Valley and beyond. We support emerging artists regardless of their gender, color, background, status, or formal experience. ARTFLY continually strives to foster equity in our art community through free resources and events open to the public. We ask for and welcome your feedback, ideas, and opinions on how we can better serve our art community. Contact Kelsey at email@example.com to talk, volunteer, or support our projects.
RULES & GUIDELINES
- Artists under the age of 18 may participate with adult supervision.
- Artists may apply as individuals or small groups.
- All proposed mural designs must be original to the applying artist(s).
- Mural designs must be appropriate for public display.
- Artist selection will be juried by ARTFLY and is subject to approval by business owners. These parties reserve the right to reject any proposal at any time.
- You may submit up to three (3) mural designs.
- Mural site is on an interior wall and is approx. 17 ft long x 9 ft high. Does include a window (see photo of mural site below). Surface is a smooth drywall, and will be prepped with a white base coat.
- Proposals will be judged on the following criteria (in no certain order):
- Appropriateness for public display
- Interpretation of the theme: “Connected in Our Community”
- Creativity and individual style
- Demonstrated artistic ability (previous work)
- Selected artist will be notified by May 10, 2021.
- ARTFLY and Racy’s will be providing basic paint colors and supplies such as brushes, rollers, drop cloths, ladder, tape, and coffee. Other paint and supplies will be determined as needed.
- Painting should be completed in May (dates and times for painting are highly flexible).
- Artist will receive a $300 stipend upon completion of the mural.
- Racy’s requires all parties present to abide by COVID safety guidelines, including wearing PPE (masks) and social distancing. Safety guidelines will be evaluated on an ongoing basis pending the status of COVID-19.
- ARTFLY and Racy’s reserve the right to use images of in-progress and completed mural for marketing, fundraising, promotional merchandise, etc. Artist maintains the rights to their design. Contact ARTFLY to request more information on artists’ rights.
- Selected artist must demonstrate respect toward the businesses, employees, and public at all times. ARTFLY and/or Racy’s has the right to disqualify artist at any time.
Thank you for your submission!
Please Sign and Submit by April 30, 2021, acknowledging that you have read and will abide by the Rules and Guidelines
Signature of adult (if under 18 years of age):_________________________
Interior wall, mural site
Racy D’Lenes Coffee Lounge, 404 Riverside Ave, Eau Claire, WI 54703